Monday, April 15, 2013

Reboot

Ok, it's been so long since I updated this blog, it's time I really start posting more regularly. Given everything that was going on in my personal life I was in no mood to write as it has not been an easy few months to say the least. Glen moved out of the house a couple of months ago and we have tried to maintain a friendship, which isn't always easy, but in my view it's a lot better than hate and anger. It sounds like a cliche but each day gets a little easier. Not always smoothly though; there are still times when I am happy and then all of a sudden a pang of loss hits, and I'll miss him, and I just start crying. But I'm getting there...

So anyway I'm going to try and post more regularly in general like I used to do when I was a good blogger. Uni is keeping me busy but I am loving my subjects this semester because they both involve lots of writing, so it doesn't seem like such a chore. Nothing much has changed at all with my family since my more regular posts, still just dealing with my Dad's addiction and my Mum is still being amazing. I am still reading as much as possible amidst the studying and drama and will try and start posting reviews again soon.

One thing that has made me feel more like myself lately is that I am starting to furnish the house again. After Glen moved out I bought a new lounge and TV straight away but the rest of the house has been looking half-empty and as sad as I was feeling. I didn't know what to do with the spare room but as it seems to be a popular retreat for interstate visitors I decided to put my old bedroom furniture into there and get myself a new bed etc. On the weekend Mum helped me rearrange everything and put the new pieces together and for the first time since I've lived out of home I have proper bedside tables and lamps. I love my new bedroom. Amazing how rearranging a room to make it feel more like 'mine' has been so emotionally refreshing.

Anyway will leave it here for now. More to come in the next few days, surely :)

1 comment:

I love interacting with my readers, so thanks for leaving a comment :)