Monday, May 28, 2012

Books, writing and gaming

Well again I'm not too sure where the last three weeks have gone. This time though I haven't been doing much exciting because Uni finishes on June 8th and I have had assignments to work on (and looks like that's all I'll be doing for the next two weeks too). I've had to write and submit another short story which I'm super happy I got another High Distinction for, and am hoping my final story due next Friday also ends up with a good grade. It's so nice to be able to write and I guess I'm not too bad at it after all which is nice. Next step is to try and get published somewhere I guess!

The long bus trips mean I still have time to read and I recently borrowed and finished a couple of books from the library. I recently read Three Dollars by Elliot Perlman which I really enjoyed, and Play Abandoned by Garry Disher which, although well written, I didn't think was that great. I think I just find it difficult to get into a story when there isn't a single character I like.

Glen and I are also frantically trying to use up some free movie tickets we got for Christmas which expire on June 30 so we've recently been to see The Avengers (which I LOVED) and Dark Shadows, which was better than I thought it would be.

And my free time is very limited at the moment which is killing me because Diablo 3 has finally been released and I have only been able to play a little bit of it! Looking forward to the end of semester so I can sink many, many hours into it lol.

Hmm I think that's pretty much been it aside from a quiet Mother's Day with the family, not that it matters as I think my readership has dried up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers, so thanks for leaving a comment :)