Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our first anniversary

April 3rd marks our first anniversary, and I still can't quite believe the year has gone so quickly. To celebrate, Glen's taking me to Victor Harbor for a few days this week so it'll be nice to get away and hopefully have some mornings where I can sleep in without being woken by an alarm clock or a cat.

Last night we went to 1877 Restaurant at Sfera's (the place we got married) and it was fantastic. I love Italian food! Plus because it was our anniversary we got a free bottle of some Rockford's Alicante Bouchard Rose and a complimentary seafood antipasto platter.  For once I ate oysters and didn't feel like vomiting afterwards! Our meals were awesome and we decided to treat ourselves to dessert too, so my calorie counting went out the window yesterday. When we returned home we watched The Road, which was a great film but very much a downer (probably not the best choice after a romantic dinner).

Aside from that we haven't been up to much else in the last week. I managed to finish my short story and hand it up but I really don't feel it was any good. Very predictable ending and I have no idea if I included enough of the original fairytale's themes like we were supposed to. Now I have to wait 4 weeks before I get it back. I might post it up here then, not sure. A three week break from classes will be great, perhaps I can even get ahead in some of my next assignments!

That said, on Friday I went and collected the next books for my work book club from the library and one of the books is True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey. I've wanted to read this book for a long time and I have been reading it non-stop at the expense of reading anything else, so not sure how much I'll actually achieve with the time off classes. It's written from the perspective of Ned Kelly and I'm loving it!

Anyway better get back to the dreariness of housework and go put some laundry on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers, so thanks for leaving a comment :)