Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

I hope everyone had a nice Easter weekend!  Ours was really quiet.  It was the first year that we haven't had my niece and nephew here since they moved to Tasmania so no kids with which to have an Easter egg hunt made it much more quiet than usual, but they're visiting in 2 weeks so I can't wait.  We still had a nice relaxing Easter though; it was very quiet and we had very few plans so plenty of time to do things like read and play on the computer, which is my kind of weekend.

I have to admit to being a bit worried as to how the weekend would pan out after learning that Dad had bought himself a couple of casks of wine, as he hasn't had any for 4 months.  He has the occasional beer but seems to be able to control himself with that, whereas wine he knocks back as if he's guzzling water. So I wasn't sure what kind of weekend we'd end up having.

Thank God though that when we arrived for lunch on Saturday at my parent's house he was fine, and remained that way all day. In fact I had a really nice afternoon there. Grandma had the afternoon out of the nursing home so we had lunch with the five of us, although she grew tired after a short time and was keen to get back home.

That was about the extent of our Easter celebrations actually! I went to church with Mum on Sunday but aside from that and the usual weekly chores we did nothing constructive all weekend. Loved it!

I hope everyone had a nice relaxing weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers, so thanks for leaving a comment :)